10 Interesting Facts About Hypothyroidism You Probably Didn't Know...
Hypothyroidism & Hashimoto's Thyroiditis by the Numbers...
1. There are currently around 20 million Americans suffering from hypothyroidism at this very moment (~60% of which don't even know they have it)
And that doesn't include the misdiagnosed, under-diagnosed, or those that are simply unaware.
2. 14 million people...that's the number of Hashimoto's thyroiditis sufferers (the autoimmune form of hypothyroidism) there are in the United States alone
Hashimoto's thyroiditis, also known as Hashimoto's disease, is the most common form of hypothyroidism.
3. According to the American Thyroid Association, 12% of the U.S. population will suffer from a thyroid condition at some point in their lives
This translates to more than 40 million Americans!
4. Every single cell in the human body relies on thyroid hormone to function properly
Consequently, without adequate thyroid, every cell, tissue, and organ throughout your entire body suffers, along with your metabolism. This also explains why people suffering from hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid) and hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid) experience such a wide range of symptoms.
5. 1 in 8 women will develop a thyroid disorder at some point over the course of their lives
And although this is 20 times the rate in men, it doesn't mean that men don't suffer from hypothyroidism as well. In fact, it's become increasingly more common in men due to a variety of different environmental and health-related issues.
6. If you are Vitamin A deficient, your body won't be able to use thyroid hormone effectively
So for those that use thyroid medication, it doesn’t really matter how much you use, without adequate Vitamin A, your thyroid medication won’t do you any good.
7. 94 - 98% of people suffering from hypothyroidism are Vitamin D deficient
And 93% of all Hashimoto's sufferers are Vitamin D deficient...which is why both Vitamin A (see #6 above) and Vitamin D are so essential to thyroid health.
8. Hypothyroidism sufferers have an increased risk of insulin resistance
There is actually a clear link between hypothyroidism and diabetes...but we won't get into that now. Additionally, it has been discovered that more than 75% of diabetics suffer from Thiamine deficiency (Vitamin B1) - no wonder they are so tired all the time!
9. Hypothyroidism has been shown to cause heart disease
And for those that didn't know, heart disease is the #1 cause of death in Americans today!
10. If you can’t get the right amount of thyroid hormone to your cells or your cells can’t metabolize that thyroid hormone efficiently, then you will always be hypothyroid
We say this a lot here at Forefront Health, where we also help people correct the issue so they can live a life free from their hypothyroid symptoms.
Start Your Journey By Selecting Your Primary Symptom
And discover the products we developed to help reduce these symptoms so you can start feeling like yourself again!
More than 55.3% of customers come to us suffering from ongoing fatigue.
On average, 52.6% of our customers come to us saying this issue bothers them the most.
48.5% of our customers come to us suffering from some form of mental fog.
Joint & Muscle Pain
Approximately 48.8% of our customers come to us struggling with joint & muscle pain.
35.8% of our customers come to us suffering from some form of sleep apnea.
Around 36.9% of our customers come to us suffering from digestive issues.
Hair, Skin, & Nail Issues
42.0% of our customers come to us struggling with hair, skin, & nail issues.
36.9% of our customers come to us struggling with ongoing mood issues.
Is It Possible to Overcome Hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?
By addressing the root cause, it is possible to live a life free from the symptoms commonly associated with hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's thyroiditis and start feeling normal again.
And Forefront Health was founded to help thyroid sufferers do exactly that!
Your thyroid condition shouldn't control your life and prevent you from doing the activities you enjoy... And it doesn't have to!
We've spent years developing content, products, and programs to help you take back control of your thyroid health and start living a life free from the grip of hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
Start Feeling Relief with the Help of Our Best-Selling Mini-Bundles
Don't Let Your Thyroid Condition Steal the Best Years of Your Life...